The latest from 787 Racing
By Scott on March 2, 2012
787 Racing had good representation at this year’s somewhat atypical Walburg Classic road race, held on January 25, 2012. Here are the top 10 results:
- Stephan Hirsch finished the Men’s P/1 race in 8th place
- Robert Biard placed 5th in the Men’s Cat 2
- Mike Panozzo finished 5th in the Men’s Cat 3
- Carson Lange came up with a 6th place finish in the Men’s Cat 4
- Christian Bergh was close behind Carson, finishing 9th in the Men’s Cat 4
- Christian Bergh also finished in 6th place in the Junior Open race
- John Korioth won the Men’s 40+ 1/2/3/4 race
- Jennifer Mix pulled out a 5th place finish in the Women’s Pro 1/2/3 race
By Scott on March 1, 2012
The Warda race was the season opener of the Sun and Ski Sports 2012 Texas XC Mountain Bike State Championship Series. We had a number of riders representing 787 Racing and doing well. These are the top 10 finishers:
- Robby Ketterhagen finished 3rd in the Men’s Cat 2 15-16 race
- Mike Panozzo posted a 4th place finish in the Men’s Cat 3 40-49 race
- Tom Ketterhagen finished 3rd in the Men’s Cat 3 50-59 race
By Scott on February 28, 2012
A number of brave souls battled the elements at this race.
- Stephan Hirsch placed 4th in the Men’s P/1
- Carson Lange pulled off a 2nd place finish in the Men’s Cat 4
- James Frentress placed 3rd in the Men’s 35+ 4/5
- Stephan Hirsch finished in 4th for the Men’s P/1
- Robert Biard placed 10th in the Men’s Cat 2
- Stephan Hirsch earned another top 10 for 9th place in the Men’s P/1
- Carson Lange also finished in 9th place in the Men’s Cat 4
- James Frentress rode to a 1st place finish in the Men’s 35+ 4/5
In the General Classification:
- Stephan Hirsch showed consistent form to place 5th in the Men’s P/1
- Carson Lange also performed well, placing 5th in the Men’s Cat 4
- James Frentress demonstrated what it takes to win the Men’s 35+ 4/5
By Scott on February 27, 2012
Stephan Hirsch pulls off one of the closest finishes in history with his .0015 second win in the P1/2/3 on Saturday, February 11th!
By Scott on February 24, 2012
It was cold and wet for the first University Oaks Criterium of the 2012 season.
- Ruarri Day-Stirrat finished 6th in the P/1/2 race
- John Connolly rolled in with an 8th place finish in the Men’s Cat 4 race
- James Frentress pulled out a 7th place finish in the Men’s 40+ race
By Shiva on February 1, 2012
The 2012 edition of the Tour of New Braunfels was off to a windy start on Saturday, January 28th for the Omloop around Canyon Lake Park. In the 4/5 race, Carson Lange finished 8th place in his third-ever race on a road bike. The Cat. 4 race saw Robby Ketterhagen in the money for the first time with a 4th place finish, with teammate Dean Rheaume close behind in 8th. Lastly, in the P/1/2 race, John Korioth placed 6th.
The Cat. 5 and Cat. 4 results continued to pour in Sunday at the AustinBikes Road Race, with Mathias Ihlenfeld 6th in the Cat. 3, Corey Fish 3rd in the Cat. 4, Robby Ketterhagen 5th in the Cat. 4, Carson Lange winning the Cat. 4/5B, and James Frentress 5th in the 4/5A. Finishing up the day, Eardie Curry was 9th in the 40+ race.
By Shiva on January 23, 2012
Flat tires were the order of the day for 787 racers of all categories during the 2012 Megan Baab Memorial Road Race. Those not struck down by the gravel and potholes on Harmon Road found themselves challenged by an unusually strong tailwind in the fastest section of the course. Riders in the top 10 of their respective categories included:
- In the P/1/2/3 category, Brant Speed earned 6th place for toughing out most of the race in the lead break. (Gray Skinner also deserves special mention for double-flatting during the course of the 80+ mile race.)
- In the 3/4, Mike Panozzo’s well-timed move to a small break brought him to a 5th place finish.
- Lastly, Corey Fish’s leap from the field earned him not only 2nd place in the 4/5 race, but also a spot on txbra.org.
Full results are now available online at the Team Bicycles, Inc. website.
By Shiva on December 3, 2011
We hope that everyone’s been enjoying the off-season as much as we have.